Brazilian Limeade (also known as Brazilian Lemonade) is a summertime staple! With this heat wave among us we all need as many refreshing drinks as we can get our hands on and this one is sure to be a win! It’s bright and tangy, it’s sweet, and it’s deliciously creamy thanks to the sweetened condensed milk. Who could resist?
A Unique Lemonade Recipe
This Brazilian Limeade is such a tasty twist on the classic lemonade! We’ve all tried the basic take on lemonade with water, lemon or lime juice, and sugar (or another sweetener) but have you ever added sweetened condensed milk to the mix?? It works wonders, I love this drink!
Brazilian Limeade My Way
I’ve tried Brazilian limeade so many different ways over the years. Most commonly with the Brazilian limeade recipes you’ll find (in the U.S. anyway), there are whole limes added to the blender. Talk about BITTER!
That white pith is chock full of bitter flavor so of course it makes sense if you blend that up into it (even though it’s drained off) that it will ruin it.
So, years ago, after I tried the whole limes, I moved onto lime zest (and blend that with the mixture then drain it off afterward) and then I realized the lime zest still added a hint of bitter and my kids didn’t like it so I now make it with just the lime juice and it’s perfect!
Ingredients for this Limeade
- Fresh limes (you’ll need quite a few, and look for the semi-soft big and juicy ones)
- Cold water
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Granulated sugar
How to Make this Brazilian Limeade
- To a blender add 3 cups of the water, lime juice, sweetened condensed milk and the sugar.
- Blend until well combined and frothy. Stir in last 1 cup water.
- Serve immediately over ice so it doesn’t separate.
So who’s ready to make some and have a big glass?? I know I’m ready for more, this 100 degree weather is too much for me. This is one of the most refreshing drinks on a hot day, trust me! Just be sure you’ve got plenty of ice.
More Lemonade Recipes to Try
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
- Stevia Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade
- Sparkling Honey Limeade
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Pineapple Mango Lemonade
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
- To a blender jar add 3 cups water, lime juice, condensed milk and sugar.
- Blend on low speed until well combined and frothy, pour in last 1 cup water and give it a quick stir.
- Pour over ice in a pitcher in individual cups, serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy