Ahh breakfast, the most important meal of the day (or so the saying goes. My saying would list it as dessert). I love food so I’m always excited to get up and eat breakfast every morning. It gets me out of bed, otherwise I could definitely spend a few more hours in my nice, warm, cozy bed bundled up underneath my soft blankets.
Really though, is it just me or is it seriously hard to get out of bed during the winter? Maybe it’s just in my head but I don’t remember it being this hard to wake up during the summer.
With that said, I need something good to get me going for the day. Something filling, something that’s mostly healthy but with just the right amount of sugar (I count sugar for emotional health though. It keeps me happy).
It’s also is nice if that breakfast is quick, and does it get much faster than grabbing some greek yogurt from the fridge and pouring some granola from a jar (make it on Sunday so you can have it during the week before work, and breakfast will be just that easy)? This granola is just that something.
In my opinion, the best way to enjoy this is over some plain greek yogurt drizzled with a little honey (or vanilla Greek, no honey), along with fresh berries (bananas or fresh pineapple would be good too). You can also eat it liked dry cereal, with a fair amount of almond milk. I love to just to snack on it on it’s own, so keep a small bagful handy for when you get those late-afternoon hunger cravings.
You will love this coconut granola. It is crunchy, it’s loaded with coconut flavor, it has just the right amount of sweet, it’s perfectly toasted to golden perfection, and last but not least it’s very easy to make. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, toss together oats, almonds, and coconut, set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, honey, coconut oil and salt and heat in microwave on HIGH power 1 minute stirring once halfway through heating.
- Stir in coconut extract and pour mixture over oats and toss until evenly coated (it will seem dry at first, just keep tossing).
- Spread oat covered mixture in an even layer into a rimmed, parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 - 55 minutes , stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely (it will harden as it cools). Store in an airtight container.