Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies! All the flavors of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a tender, flavorful jam filled thumbprint style cookie!
This post is brought to you by Smucker’s Fruit Spreads.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
PB&J in cookie form? Yes please! My kids and I love peanut butter and jam sandwiches so of course we were excited to try these PB&J Thumbprint Cookies. My four year old saw them and said “Wow! Those look good!” Then she offered to help me finish making them. I gave her a plateful to fill and she thought it was so fun to load them up with different flavors of jam.
Not only do these cookies look colorful and scrumptious but they taste completely irresistible! They are just like those delicious peanut butter filled sandwiches laden with a berry jam but these are in sweet cookie form! They have that deliciously crisp exterior you find in your traditional thumbprint cookie and each bite just melts away in your mouth.
My personal favorite jam with these is the Smucker’s Low-Sugar Strawberry Jam (not only do I love it’s bold strawberry flavor but I also love it’s vibrant red color. Its the red jam in the cookies but not in the picture of the jams. My jar was about empty because we eat it so often), but any flavor will do. Just use your favorite. Smucker’s Fruit Spreads are my go-to, because I know I can count on their authentic tastes and variety.
The great things about these cookies is that they are a cookie both young and old alike will love! Who could resist this jam filled peanut buttery goodness? Not me! They’re the perfect after school treat from the whole family!
How to Make Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Preheat oven.
- Whisk dry ingredients, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in using an electric mixer.
- Blend in peanut butter then egg and vanilla.
- Mix flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
- Scoou and shape into rounds, tranasfer to baking sheets.
- Indent cookies then let cool.
- Fill with jam.
Tips for the Best PB&J Cookies
- Stick with creamy peanut butter for best results.
- Be sure to indent upon removing form the oven while cookies are still warm.
- Let cool before adding jam or it will just soak into cookies.
More Delicious Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes to Try
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- One Single Peanut Butter Cookie
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment blend together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar just until creamy.
- Mix in peanut butter and blend just until combined. Mix in egg and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed slowly adding in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out 1 Tbsp at a time and roll into balls. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone liners, spacing cookies two inches apart. Make an indentation with the back of a rounded 1/2 tsp in the top of each cookie*.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes (for softer cookies bake near lesser time for crisper bake more near greater time).
- Remove from oven make a indentation in center of cookies with the back of a rounded tablespoon (they likely flattened out so they just need one more indentation). Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool spoon and spread 1 tsp jam into center of each cookie. Store in an airtight container in a single layer.